The project in a few words
MIRROR: Non formal Education and Graphic tools to Raise Awareness on Diversity and Anti Racisms is a 10-day youth exchange organized by Lunaria in Poggio Mirteto (Italy) in August 2023, focused on the topics of arts, migration and anti-racism.
The project will be based on the use of non-formal learning methodologies and will allow participants to experiment with visual and artistic techniques to tackle the subject of anti-racism.
- To raise awareness among young people on racism and diversity, using visual and artistic techniques
- To develop tools and working methods, among youth workers, educators and group leaders, to fight racism and raise awareness of diversity
- To empower young people and encourage them to take an active role in society
- To develop cooperation and teamwork skills
- To promote self-awareness and soft-skills learning
Who can apply?
Youngsters (18-25 years old) that…
- … have a strong motivation to learn about the topic of food anti-racism and how to use arts to tackle it
- … are fluent in English as a working language (being able to understand and communicate in English for the entire project)
- … can commit to attending to the project for its full duration
- … are proactive and willing to learn more about the topic
- … are residing in Germany
- … We encourage the participation of participants with fewer opportunities. (Participants with fewer opportunities will be prioritised.)
Lunaria is a non-profit, and politically independent association, founded in 1992. It practices and promotes processes of social change at a local, national and international level through advocacy, political-cultural animation, communication, non-formal education, training and research activities, through information and awareness campaigns and with network work. Mobility and international volunteering, youth policies, migration and the fight against racism, analysis of public budgetary, economic and social policies, sustainable development, the fight against inequalities, are at the heart of its social commitment.