The project in a few words
The Seeds of Change project was a 10-day youth exchange organized by Lunaria in Passignano sul Trasimeno (Italy) in May 2023, focused on the topic of food sustainability and responsible consumption.
The objective of the project was to open the discussion about the consequences, in terms of environmental impact, of our consumption patrons, in order to understand what considerations should we make when we choose what we buy.
Objectives of the project
During the training course, the project achieved the following goals:
- Raised awareness about the topic of sustainability among young people,
- Opened the discussion about responsible consumption,
- Promoted exchange, understanding and intercultural learning through sustainable and environmentally friendly actions,
- Raised youth awareness on food and waste production,
- Empowered young people and encourage them to take an active role in society,
- Developed cooperation and teamwork skills,
- Promoted self-awareness and soft-skills learning.
Lunaria is a non-profit, and politically independent association, founded in 1992. It practices and promotes processes of social change at a local, national and international level through advocacy, political-cultural animation, communication, non-formal education, training and research activities, through information and awareness campaigns and with network work. Mobility and international volunteering, youth policies, migration and the fight against racism, analysis of public budgetary, economic and social policies, sustainable development, the fight against inequalities, are at the heart of its social commitment.