The project in a few words
“Ecomedia Utopia” was a youth exchange organized by Rakonto in Laroin, France, which involved 30 young people from five different countries in a multicultural experience where they learned about the topic of media and its environmental consequences at different levels.
Through non-formal education activities, participants delved into the issue of media (and the technologies that surround them) and their environmental and social impact. At the same time, they worked on media literacy and the development of critical thinking skills.
Objectives of the project
During the training course, the project achieved the following goals:
- Developed critical thinking around the impact of the media on the environment and climate crisis,
- Got to know more about our own devices and media practices,
- Seeked collective empowerment of young people to be their own agents of change,
- Promoted the power of media to positively communicate ecological solutions,
- Promoted mindfulness in our everyday media practices,
- Created videos that reflect on the ecomedia theme,
- Introduction to digital mindfulness and digital detox,
- Promoted intercultural learning, active citizenship, and social inclusion.
During the project, participants created a series of audiovisual content to spread awareness about sustainable life choices and how to reduce the impact of our actions.
RAKONTO is an association created in 2021 in Pau (France) with the aim to promote the world’s cultural diversity, ecological transition, and social activism. We create media content such as photos, videos, and articles to raise awareness among youth on global and local environmental, social and cultural issues.
Our main goal is to tell the stories of those who are fighting for a better future in order to inspire and raise awareness.