“Escape from the Net Cave II” was a youth exchange organized by Asociación Sociocultural BreGal in Narón, Spain, in November 2022, where young people from six different countries took part in a multicultural experience focused on raising awareness about Media Literacy and Critical Thinking in a modern context.
The project aimed to create a safe learning environment where participants could share their ideas and experiences, and learn and appreciate the viewpoints of others. Thanks to the project, participants went back home with a more precise vision of the subject, and now feel more confident navigating the ocean of information we find ourselves surrounded by.
During the youth exchange, the project achieved the following goals:
- Developed in the participants a filter for media consumption, and a toolset for verifying and interpreting information presented by the media,
- Educated about the dangers of polarization, presented by social media especially,
- Developed the confidence of each participant in the forming and expressing of their own ideas and points of view,
- Redefined the relationship that participants have with media and media consumption in order to develop a healthier way to maximize the benefits of modern communication technology,
- Built skills in the field of critical thinking, both theoretically and practically,
- Cultivated a broader knowledge of the world we live in and encourage both a more active and more effective involvement within it.o redefine the relationship that participants have with media and media consumption in order to develop a healthier way to maximize the benefits of modern communication technology,
- Developed cooperation and teamwork skills,
- Promoted self-awareness and soft-skills learning.