The project in a few words
The MIRROR project was a 7-day training course organized by Lunaria in Passignano sul Trasimeno (Italy) in March 2023, which focused on experimenting with visual and artistic techniques to tackle the subject of anti-racism.
The main idea behind the project was to develop tools and working methods, among youth workers, educators and group leaders, to fight racism and raise awareness of diversity.
Objectives of the project
During the training course, the project achieved the following goals:
- Developed social competences and skills as youth workers and youth leaders,
- Explored the issues around racism and migration,
- Developed, tested and assessed methods, and tools to raise awareness on racism and diversity,
- Experimented with visual and artistic techniques to tackle the subject of anti-racism,
- Supported youth workers’ growth as facilitators of non-formal education activities,
- Improved mentoring and coaching skills of youth workers.
During the project, participants developed different protocols for including fewer opportunities participants, and planned the different youth exchanges that Joint is going to organize this year involving the different partners and youth leaders present.
Lunaria is a non-profit, and politically independent association, founded in 1992. It practices and promotes processes of social change at a local, national and international level through advocacy, political-cultural animation, communication, non-formal education, training and research activities, through information and awareness campaigns and with network work. Mobility and international volunteering, youth policies, migration and the fight against racism, analysis of public budgetary, economic and social policies, sustainable development, the fight against inequalities, are at the heart of its social commitment.