The project in a few words
The “Keep the Hype! Life after volunteering” project is a youth exchange organized by Asociación Sociocultural BreGal in Cabana de Bergantiños, Spain, will involve 36 young people who have taken part in volunteering projects from six different countries in a multicultural experience where they will reflect on their volunteering experiences and how to implement what they learnt in their own societies.
The project aims to create an environment in which participants will increase the personal and professional value that volunteering brought to their lives, as well as keep alive the spark of initiative and solidarity needed for continuing to have a positive impact on society.
- Contribute to the personal development of the participants through reflection and self-analysis,
- Create innovative tools to support former volunteers and give the participants the opportunity to develop their own initiatives,
- Encourage active participation in society of the participants,
- Improve the employability and professional self-knowledge of the participants,
- Improve competencies and key skills of the participants such as teamwork, initiative, digital skills or communication skills,
- Increase cooperation between volunteers and former volunteers and offer a creative atmosphere in which new ideas for solidarity projects can emerge,
- Promote self-awareness and soft-skills learning.
Who can apply?
Youngsters (18-31 years old) that…
- … have participated in volunteering experiences or are willing to discover more about the topic
- … are interested in non-formal education and European projects
- … are fluent in English as a working language (being able to understand and communicate in English for the entire project)
- … can commit to attending to the project for its full duration
- … are proactive and willing to learn more about the topic
- … are residing in Germany
- … We encourage the participation of participants with fewer opportunities. (Participants with fewer opportunities will be prioritised.)
BreGal is an association created in March 2021 in Galicia (Spain). The main objective of the association is the promotion of volunteering experiences and non-formal education activities in the framework of the Erasmus+ programme, providing opportunities for young Galicians to travel abroad and live intercultural experiences, as well as for young Europeans to get to know Galicia, its society and its culture.