The project in a few words
The “Green and Fair” project was a 10-day youth exchange organized by Associazione Kora in Passignano sul Trasimeno (Italy) in February 2023, focused on the topic of climate change and the different consequences it has on human rights.
The project aimed to open a discussion on the social, economic, and human consequences that the environmental crisis we are going through has, and how this affects human rights, in order to think about what we can do as a society to ensure that they are respected.
Objectives of the project
During the youth exchange, the project achieved the following goals:
- Raised awareness about the topic of climate change among young people,
- Opened the discussion about human rights and the way climate change affects them,
- Allowed to think collectively in different actions and approaches that everyone can take to support the respect of human rights
- Encouraged intercultural dialogue
- Empowered young people and encourage them to take an active role in society
- Developed cooperation and teamwork skills
- Promoted self-awareness and soft-skills learning
During the project, participants had the opportunity to organise two dissemination events.
In the first one, they came into contact with and organised non-formal education activities for 70 children aged 10-12 years attending the local school. This allowed participants to empower themselves and share the knowledge acquired during the project.
In the second, they came into contact with local authorities, and had the possibility to talk about their experience and share the project with the general public.
Associazione Kora was founded in August 2015 to promote social and cultural awareness for its members (mainly youth) through outdoor life, socialisation opportunities, nutrition and sustainability. Kora is situated in Passignano sul Trasimeno in the educational farm “La Buona Terra”, where it collaborates with other entities who have their activities on the farm. Kora was founded to offer activities that neither the cooperative nor the agricultural company can carry out.