The project in a few words
“EnvironMental” is a 10-day youth exchange organized by ALTER Network in Passignano sul Trasimeno (Italy) in June 2023, focused on the topic of sustainable, local, vegan food and how it is connected with cultural traditions.
Food is more than just fuel for the body. Food is the connection to the land. It is the most intimate connection to the land since it interacts with all our senses. Food connects us to the people who were here before us and those who will come after us. With the people around us and some other people coming from far, far away. In EnvironMental Food Heritage, participants will search for old “vegan” recipes with local plants, for traditions & stories. When the generations before us have consumed plant-based food? Why? What was typical for our regions?
- To promote healthy nutrition and sustainability
- To increase knowledge about the vegan diets
- To discover more about food cultural traditions
- To offer to youngsters the chance of a learning multicultural experience
- To learn more about different diets and the ideologies behind those
- To promote inclusion and to break cultural barriers.
Who can apply?
Youngsters (18-31 years old) that…
- … have a strong motivation to learn about vegan diet and its connection to food traditions
- … are fluent in English as a working language (being able to understand and communicate in English for the entire project)
- … can commit to attending to the project for its full duration
- … are proactive and willing to learn more about the topic
- … are residing in Germany
- … We encourage the participation of participants with fewer opportunities. (Participants with fewer opportunities will be prioritised.)
ALTER Network is a Bulgarian non-governmental organization that provides educational opportunities for young people from all over Europe. Our mission is to promote free expression and personal development by using theatre-based methodologies and embodied learning. We deeply believe that each person has the
right to express their creative force and to exist in the world as they are. We work on topics like sex education, soft skills, communication and equality. Our team is from Bulgaria, Italy and Spain and our dream is to reach people from different parts of EU.