The project in a few words
“7 Actions for Climate Change” is a youth exchange organized by Rakonto in Laroin, France, which will involve 30 young people from five different countries in a multicultural experience where they will learn about the topic of climate change and the consequence of our actions.
The aim of this project is to understand what we, as individuals can do to have the smallest impact possible on the environment. Participants will focus on 7 specific actions by experimenting with them, meeting initiatives who are already working on them, debating, and researching them.
- To develop critical thinking about the impact of individual and collective actions on the environment and climate change,
- To learn more about the eco-gestures we can implement in our daily lives and how they change our contribution to climate change,
- To seek to collectively empower youth to be their own agents of change,
- To promote the power of social networks to have a positive impact on the environment and communicate green solutions,
- To Promote awareness of the impact of everyday positive practices,
- To create videos that promote the eco-gestures they have seen,
- To create a toolkit of good ecological practices,
- To promote utopian thinking to reduce eco-anxiety and encourage engagement in civil society to work towards a better future,
- To promote intercultural learning, active citizenship and social inclusion,
- To promote European values and the improvement of soft skills,
- To promote the Erasmus+ program and its opportunities.
Who can apply?
Youngsters (18-31 years old) that…
- … are motivated to learn about eco-gestures and to travel without planes
- … are fluent in English as a working language (being able to understand and communicate in English for the entire project)
- … can commit to attending to the project for its full duration
- … are proactive and willing to learn more about the topic
- … are residing in Germany
- … We encourage the participation of participants with fewer opportunities. (Participants with fewer opportunities will be prioritised.)
RAKONTO is an association created in 2021 in Pau (France) with the aim to promote the world’s cultural diversity, ecological transition, and social activism. We create media content such as photos, videos, and articles to raise awareness among youth on global and local environmental, social and cultural issues.
Our main goal is to tell the stories of those who are fighting for a better future in order to inspire and raise awareness.