The project in a few words
The MIRROR project is a 7-day training course organized by Lunaria in Passignano sul Trasimeno (Italy) in March 2023, which will allow participants to experiment with visual and artistic techniques to tackle the subject of anti-racism.
The main idea behind the project is to develop tools and working methods, among youth workers, educators and group leaders, to fight racism and raise awareness of diversity. The participants will be trained in these topics in order to then join future projects organized by Lunaria with DOPE as partner as group leaders.
- To develop social competences and skills as youth workers and youth leaders
- To better explore the issues around racism and migration
- To develop, test and assess methods, and tools to raise awareness on racism and diversity
- To experiment with visual and artistic techniques to tackle the subject of anti-racism
- To support youth workers’ growth as facilitators of non-formal education activities
- To improve mentoring and coaching skills of youth workers
- To reinforce the cooperation among partners with a view to future partnerships involving participants
Who can apply?
German residents (over 18 year-old) that…
- … are active youth workers, or active youngsters
- … are interested in the topics of migration , non-formal education, facilitation, mentoring and leadership
- … can commit to attending to the project for its full duration
- … can commit to attending to future projects as leaders
- … are fluent in English as a working language (being able to understand and communicate in English for the entire project)
- … are proactive and willing to learn more about the topic
- … are residing in Germany
- … We encourage the participation of participants with fewer opportunities. (Participants with fewer opportunities will be prioritised.)
Lunaria is a non-profit, and politically independent association, founded in 1992. It practices and promotes processes of social change at a local, national and international level through advocacy, political-cultural animation, communication, non-formal education, training and research activities, through information and awareness campaigns and with network work. Mobility and international volunteering, youth policies, migration and the fight against racism, analysis of public budgetary, economic and social policies, sustainable development, the fight against inequalities, are at the heart of its social commitment.