The project in a few words
The “Lead up!” project was a 8-days training course organized by Associazione Kora in Passignano sul Trasimeno (Italy) in October 2022, which aimed to empower participants, increase their leadership, mentoring and facilitation skills, and improve peer-to-peer learning in youth mobilities by enhancing the involvement of group leaders in the activities.
The main idea behind the project was to boost the leadership capacities of the participants, who can then step forward and take on the role of leaders representing the sending organisation in future exchanges organized by Kora.
Objectives of the project
During the training, the project achieved the following goals:
- Improved youth workers’ sense of initiative,
- Supported youth workers’ growth as facilitators of non-formal education activities,
- Provided youth workers with a better understanding of youth mobilities projects and non-formal education methods,
- Improved mentoring and coaching skills of youth workers,
- Reinforced the cooperation among partners with a view to future partnerships involving participants,
- Opened discussions about ways of involving youngsters with fewer opportunities and building local partnerships for the purpose
- Raised awareness about youth mobilities for youngsters
Associazione Kora was founded in August 2015 to promote social and cultural awareness for its members (mainly youth) through outdoor life, socialisation opportunities, nutrition and sustainability. Kora is situated in Passignano sul Trasimeno in the educational farm “La Buona Terra”, where it collaborates with other entities who have their activities on the farm. Kora was founded to offer activities that neither the cooperative nor the agricultural company can carry out.