The project in a few words
The “Escape from the Net Cave II” project is a youth exchange organized by Asociación Sociocultural BreGal in Narón, Spain, will involve 36 young people from six different countries in a multicultural experience where they will learn about Media Literacy and Critical Thinking in a modern context.
The project aims to create a safe learning environment where participants can share their ideas and experiences, learn and appreciate the viewpoints of others, leave with a more precise vision of the subject, and feel more confident navigating the ocean of information we find ourselves surrounded by.
- Develop in the participants a filter for media consumption, and a toolset for verifying and interpreting information presented by the media,
- Educate about the dangers of polarization, presented by social media especially,
- Develop the confidence of each participant in the forming and expressing of their own ideas and points of view,
- Redefine the relationship that participants have with media and media consumption in order to develop a healthier way to maximize the benefits of modern communication technology,
- Build skills in the field of critical thinking, both theoretically and practically,
- Cultivate a broader knowledge of the world we live in and encourage both a more active and more effective involvement within it.o redefine the relationship that participants have with media and media consumption in order to develop a healthier way to maximize the benefits of modern communication technology,
- Develop cooperation and teamwork skills,
- Promote self-awareness and soft-skills learning.
Who can apply?
Youngsters (18-31 years old) that…
- … have a strong motivation to learn and acquire new skills
- … are fluent in English as a working language (being able to understand and communicate in English for the entire project)
- … can commit to attending to the project for its full duration
- … are proactive and willing to learn more about the topic
- … are residing in Germany
- … We encourage the participation of participants with fewer opportunities. (Participants with fewer opportunities will be prioritised.)
BreGal is an association created in March 2021 in Galicia (Spain). The main objective of the association is the promotion of volunteering experiences and non-formal education activities in the framework of the Erasmus+ programme, providing opportunities for young Galicians to travel abroad and live intercultural experiences, as well as for young Europeans to get to know Galicia, its society and its culture.