The project in a few words
The Safebook project is a 7-day training course organized by KOM 018 in Nis (Serbia) in September 2022, which aims to promote a safety culture among young people through the newly developed manual “Safebook” for youth work in the field of youth safety.
The manual includes new and innovative methodologies and creative tools in the form of a youth-friendly manual for youth workers. It focuses on 5 segments of youth safety: peer violence, cyberbullying, abuse of psychoactive substances, discrimination and mental health in times of COVID–19.
- Equip 22 youth workers and educators with a set of new educational tools in the field of youth safety focusing on 5 segments: peer violence, cyberbullying, abuse of psychoactive substances, discrimination and mental health in times of COVID–19 through the new manual on youth safety “Safebook”,
- Provide youth workers from European countries with skills and knowledge to use concept photo and videos as methods for the work in the field of youth safety,
- Connect young people from European countries with a different set of skills and tools to promote youth safety culture,
- Improve the skills of the youth workers involved.
Who can apply?
German residents (over 18 year-old) that…
- … are active youth workers, youth leaders, peer educators and/or activists
- … are interested in youth work, non-formal education, the topic of youth safety and security, and in learning creative methods (photography, video) in youth work
- … are fluent in English as a working language (being able to understand and communicate in English for the entire project)
- … can commit to attending to the project for its full duration
- … are proactive and willing to learn more about the topic
- … are residing in Germany
- … We encourage the participation of participants with fewer opportunities. (Participants with fewer opportunities will be prioritised.)
“Club for Youth Empowerment 018” (KOM18) is a non-profit, non-governmental and non-party organization established in 2007 and registered in 2008. The aims of the organization are capacity building of youth, promotion of intercultural values, education, democracy, human rights, with a special focus on children and women rights, as well as rights of youth, non-formal education, mobility, EU integrations, culture with a specific focus on street art, the inclusion of minority and marginalized groups in the society, economical empowerment of youth, healthy lifestyles and environment protection, as well as the active participation of young people on all levels of social life.