The project in a few words
Embrace Diversity is a five-day training course organized by Acción Social Por La Juventud that involves 26 participants across Europe and Morocco taking place in Santiago de Compostela, Spain in October 2022.
The main focus of the topic is raising awareness about the multiple forms of oppression women have to face, especially migrants, people with disabilities and LGBTIQ+ community members.
- Explore the multiple forms of discrimination against women, especially if they belong to a minority group,
- Share inclusive methods and techniques in Youth Work with people in situations of/risk of social exclusion,
- Collect good practices of inclusion with the partnership,
- Disseminate the results of the mobility project on Social Media.
Who can apply?
Youngsters (20-35 years old) that…
- … are active youth workers, youth leaders and/or teachers
- … are interested in gender equality, intersectionality, activism, migration and other minority groups
- … are fluent in English as a working language (being able to understand and communicate in English for the entire project)
- … can commit to attending to the project for its full duration
- … are proactive and willing to learn more about the topic
- … are residing in Germany
- … We encourage the participation of participants with fewer opportunities. (Participants with fewer opportunities will be prioritised.)
Acción Social Por La Juventud is an organisation based in A Coruña, Spain, whose main objectives are the valorisation of the role of entities that promote youth integration and aggregation, the development of methodologies and tools capable of favouring greater youth participation in local activities promoted by non-profit organisations, and the creation of a regional network that allows the exchange of good practices.