How many times do you check your mobile phone every day? Have you ever reflected on this? We want to challenge you!
Disconnect to Reconnect II is an eleven-day youth exchange, that will involve 30 youngsters from Italy, Latvia, France, Spain and Germany.
During the project, participants and staff members will take part in an ambitious social experiment: a full digital detox! Mobile phones, laptops, and other technological devices won’t be used except for emergency reasons.
Disconnect to Reconnect II seeks to prevent the abusive and wrong use of new technologies, which can lead to mental diseases such as stress, anxiety, depression or nomophobia. Participants will be provided with tools to face these problems in order to be able to discover more healthy technological habits and develop a more harmonious way of living, with a deeper connection with nature.
Youngsters (18-30 years old) that…
- … are interested in mental health in relation to digital technologies and eager to participate actively
- … are ready to participate in a digital detox
- … speak some basic English. (It will help you to follow the program. If needed you can be supported by another participant of your national team.)
- … are residing in one of the participating counties
- … We encourage the participation of participants with fewer opportunities. (Participants with fewer opportunities will be prioritised.)