The project in a few words
As humans, our relationship with our environment is crucial to our lives. Although it is often not acknowledged within our current social and economic systems, our survival depends on the health of the natural world around us, and when nature enjoys a good relationship with us, we benefit greatly from the gifts it gives us – clean air, nutritious food and relaxing ambience.
However, pollution and environmental exploitation remain all-too-prevalent themes in European societies. Too often, we take too much of what nature offers us, or we destroy natural habitats, causing problems for ourselves and other earthlings around us. That is to say that our relationship with the environment is often unbalanced and we don’t respect nature as being something much more than the things we take from it. In this youth exchange, we want to address this problem.
- to raise awareness about national background by using real examples, not stereotypes,
- to spread positive respectful relations with foreigners,
- making of intercultural dialogue,
- increase motivation for self-development,
- cooperation between partners for further projects,
- to raise awareness about communication with people with different social backgrounds,
- development of media literacy and critical thinking skills among participants.
Who can apply?
Youngsters (18-30 years old) that…
- … interested in making music or art and eager to actively participate. (If you are already experienced, skilled musicians or artists, that’s great, but prior experience is not required.)
- … Speak some basic English. (It will help you to follow the program. If needed you can be supported by another participant of your national team.)
- … Are residing in Germany.
- … We encourage the participation of participants with fewer opportunities. (Participants with fewer opportunities will be prioritized.)
Creative Youth Academy was established in İstanbul/Turkey in July/2019. Now, Academy has 7 active networks in Spain, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Romania, Bulgaria, and Portugal under its Partner+ system. All members are students, entrepreneurs, youth workers, and professionals.
Academy considers and deals with the cultural and social interests of youngsters through non-formal education. Its basic action is that aiming prosperity of young people.